Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Want.

How does it keep growing?
This feeling inside myself?
Like a ghostly haunting, thrashing -
A monster that won't be shelved.
Beating around, thumping my core,
Inching slowly toward my very innards,
How can I douse it when my mind screams for more?
A vine that keeps growing inward.
It's there before I sleep and in the moment I awake,
Fiery, icy, gravitationally enhancing,
These are unknown and gargantuan stakes,
And nothing will stop its advancing.
It hurts because the feelings are wry,
Your face is beautiful, far but dear,
Love won't escape me, although the heart feels dry,
I'm falling and falling, dissonance is near.
I can't stop the dreams; the murmurs,
I can't stop the wanting and wishing,
I can't stop the thoughts, a roaring ferver,
I can't stop the hoping, praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment